Newnham Live Privacy Notice
This is a notice in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation intended for the use of anyone who has shared their data with Newnham Live or is considering doing so.
Newnham Live is the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. The trustees and officers of Newnham Live act as the data processors.
What type of information is collected from you
We collect personal data from people interested in Newnham Live’s activities such as name, address, telephone details and e-mail address(es). If you book and pay for a ticket via the Newnham Live website, at no point is your cardholder data entered into, transmitted by or stored on Newnham Live’s website or database. The task of taking payment is completely outsourced to a third party payment processor that has the highest level (Level 1) of PCI_DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) certification.
What we do with your data
The personal data we hold is processed by the trustees and officers of Newnham Live in order to draw your attention to events that are likely to be of interest to you.
We may occasionally email you about strongly related activities and events that may be of interest to you but which are not run by Newnham Live.
We may also ring or email you about tickets you have bought.
If you would like to stop receiving e-mails about Newnham Live activities, please e-mail the word ‘STOP’ and your e-mail address(es) to email@example.com.
How to update your details
If you would like to update your contact details on our database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a note of what you wish to change.
How long we keep your data
If you have not bought any tickets for a period of five years, your data will be deleted from our database.
You have the following rights
- The right to be informed. Newnham Live has an obligation to provide transparent ‘fair processing information’. This Privacy Notice meets this need, as it tells you how we use your personal data.
- The right of access. You have the right to obtain:
a. confirmation that your data is being processed; and
b. access to your personal data. You can e-mail us to ask about what information we hold about you.
- The right to rectification. You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can e-mail us to ask for it to be corrected.
- The right to erasure. You may request the deletion or removal of your personal data from our database where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. If you inform us that you want to exercise your ‘right to be forgotten’, we will only keep a basic record of the withdrawal.
- The right to restrict processing. You have a right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal data. When processing is restricted, Newnham Live is permitted to store your personal data, but not further process it, to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to:
a. processing based on legitimate interests;
b. direct marketing (including profiling); and
c. processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
If you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, you can contact the Newnham Live on email@example.com and we will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or do not believe we are processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by following links on their website, https://ico.org.uk/